A funny one!

Since I started this blog over 2 years ago, I have never written truly personal stories that had nothing to do with photography, but I can’t resist right now.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I really like to laugh.. and often at myself.  Not only that, I can weave a pretty long tale to find out that in the end..I am making fun of myself.  Well – here goes –

This year since my kids are well beyond believing in the Easter Bunny, I decided to go to a homemade chocolate shop in Chester to fill their baskets.  The chocolate is so yummy and I must admit that it was partly for me (well, maybe more than partly).  So last week, I made myself a cup of tea, grabbed a chocolate egg and snuggled in bed for some TV.  I put the egg in my mouth let it melt slowly truly enjoying it!  However, when I got to the end, I felt something hard in it.  My first thought was that it was a piece of rock sugar like you get at Starbucks (maybe it’s called raw sugar?).  However, when I took it out of my mouth, it looked like a piece of tooth!  Well, I was completely disgusted.  I couldn’t believe that this homemade chocolate place would let something like that happen.  I put it on my bed stand and thought about whether I should go back to the shop?  What do you do?  I Went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning had breakfast…worked from home that morning…made myself a sandwich and was sitting on my back porch on a beautiful day.  As I bit into the last bite of the sandwich I got a big stab of pain from my mouth.  Sticking my finger in my mouth, I discovered a big hole…..IT WAS MY TOOTH!!

I am not kidding..the night before it DID NOT OCCUR to me that it came from my mouth.  I called my dentist, told him the whole story and listened as he laughed his head off.  Isn’t it great getting old?